Friday, October 14, 2011

What I've been doing

Instead of, you know, posting timely blogs on this site.
  • Spent the better part of two days trying to upgrade my iPhone to the latest operating system and migrate my Mobile Me account to the cloud. At least I got a blog post out of it for HopefulParents.org, about how what we do for our kids with special needs is kind of like upgrading, too.
  • Tried to be patient while waiting for results of a nervous-making test for my daughter. I gave them a week, then called ... to find out her doctor's office is closed today and nobody else will tell us anything, so now we have to wait until Monday. This is what I get for being a good citizen. Back to nagging phone-calling pain-in-the-butt for me.
  • Got up a head of steam about Groupon and its smug snarkiness toward kids with special needs and their families. Sort of wish I was a member so I could stomp my foot and quit. If you are, please do.
  • Rejoiced in my son's super progress report from school, and the fact that all the things I worried about at the beginning of the year have not turned out to be problems. Still haven't found the switch that turns off the worrying, though.
  • Chatted with Gayle Hernandez and Nicole Eredics on The Inclusive Class radio show about the great work Gayle does as an inclusive teacher in British Columbia. Should have made me happy to hear about inclusion done well, but mostly made me ticked off that all I ever hear is that it's impossible. Clearly not!
What have you been up to?

No comments: